After extensive tender, evaluation and pilot testing phases, the National Research Foundation has selected Novell Vibe as the platform for the implementation of their Electronic Records Management and Collaboration platform.
Novell Vibe and Microsoft Sharepoint was short-listed after an initial evaluation process. After the initial pilot implementation, the end-users evaluated both solutions for ease of use and functionality to support their requirements. Novell Vibe was ultimately selected as the solution of choice.
NETCB, a Novell Platinum Partner, was awarded the tender. The key reasons for choosing Novell Vibe were the following:
- End-user adoption is very quick
- Flexibility and ease of building solutions
- No software development customisation is required
- Multi-platform support (Windows, Linux)
- Mobile platform support (Andriod, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows)
- MS Office Integration is extensive
- Offline Document Editing capability
- Simultaneous Document Co-editing in real time
- Ease of creating forms and defining business processes
Novell Vibe is one of the fastest growing next generation collaboration platforms that provide a high degree of simplicity of use, yet it offers extensive customisation capabilities for those users that want to customise Novell Vibe.
Novell Vibe has become a de facto standard within many organisations in South Africa such as Pasco, eThekwini Electricity, Department of Sport and Recreation, Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, etc.